Friday, July 18, 2014

#2

"Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you. Forgive others, and you will be forgiven." Luke 6:37 NLT
I think this is something that our society, me included, really, really struggles with judging and not forgiving.  We judge people all the time, even when we aren't trying.  Who would you rather meet in a dark alley, a biker or a banker?  I think society helps build these stereotypes and we just play in to them.... look at her dress it is from 1998??  Why would she wear that?   He is wearing stripes and plaid shorts...doesn't he know that is unfashionable. He buying Keystone Light at a gas station... he must be a redneck.  I hate that we have these stereotypes and we play into them.  I hate that I am way more comfortable around white people than I am around any other nationality.  But, I guess that does come with my territory, I had 2 black kids in my class of 232 students that graduated.  When we see things that we aren't use to we shy away in fear, rather than learn and explore and find the good.   This is my prayer for today. Lord. help me to find the good in all people, help me to find the good in all situations. You are everywhere therefore there must be good everywhere! You make all things good and beautiful.  So, Lord, I pray that you give my eyes to see the good, and not to judge.  Please give me a forgiving heart that doesn't hold grudges. Please get rid of the personal biases that I already have in my head and so I can see your creation in everything.

Thankful/ Blessings List
1)   Nathan, joy and love and special
2) Janna (Keith)
3) Morgan
4) Keri & Boys
5) Work out circuits and new acquaintances
6) Trey and Hannah
7) Danae
8) Garth and Val
9) Erin
10) Patricia and small Facebook convos
11) My Momma & Dad

Lord, I thank you for today. I thank you for the surplus amount of blessing that you have given me in my life. I am so thankful for my family and friends. I pray that you keep them safe and healthy.  Please be with my Grandparents, and Grandma Willa help with the pain. Please be with my Friends keep them safe and watch over them. I pray that you be with Nate keep him strong and confident, give him direction.  Please heal Sheri and My mom.  Work miracles in Wanda.

-MCWE

No comments:

Post a Comment